The game’s main characters are animals. Setting up a character is the first step. Features, colors, patterns, and names can all be customized.
Here’s how to create an animal:
- On the lower left-hand part of the screen, click on the “Switch Animals” button.
- Click on the paw-shaped “Make a New Animal” button.
- Pick out an animal. Some are for members only, and you will need to have a membership to pick one of those.
- Scroll through the names by clicking on the arrows in order to pick a name for your character. Click “Buy”, and start playing!
To make space for new animals, you need to recycle some of the ones you have. You will get some points back that will help you buy new ones.
Here’s how to recycle an animal:
- Go to the animal inventory and find the trash bin (lower right hand corner).
- Click on the animal to be recycled.
- You will be asked if you really want to recycle the animal, and told how many gems you’ll get back if you do it. Just remember, you can’t get a recycled animal back unless you buy it again.
With a free account, you will be able to have two animals. Make sure you have one land animal and one water animal so that you can explore the entire map.
Members can have up to 24 animals, and have access to some animals that free members can’t get.